Saturday, June 6, 2009

Recent Happenings

Between work, the end (of this school year) being nigh, and the sudden inspiration to write a short story per week (I finished three) I haven't felt the urge to blog as frequently as usual. It could be worse--I could have a life or something and not have time to work at all.

As another reminder that I am in fact alive and capable of more than the occassional copy and paste, here's a brief update on highlights of recent goings on.

1. Friday was field day. I roasted in the sun along with other teachers and elementary students. In the afternoon, everyone but me got wet. I joined a game of "Rain Rain Flood" and sat down, ready to get splashed. The game ended soon after I sat down, leaving me dry.

My stingyness at my game station left me with a surplus of water balloons at the end of the day. Several students grabbed balloons and proceeded to use them. One eyed me mischievously, so I pointed to my chest, encouraging a shot. The child threw the baloon, hitting me point blank in the chest. It bounced, and landed at the kid's feet before exploding. So much for cooling off.

2. Saturday was graduation. As an update on a former post,no poop was mentioned or implied. I can't say I'm not a little disappointed, but I'll live.

Congrats to the class of 2009.

Before I sign off, I'll ramble a bit more. If you know me, please bug me about finishing short stories. My goal is to finish ten by the end of the summer, and to finish at least one more by the end of this week. Bug me, please. Unless I don't know you, of course. Then I'd demand, "Who are you?"

No comments: