Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Writing about Writing (and other snoozefests)

So, I submitted two of my short stories to a literary magazine for consideration a while back. Now, the waiting game begins.

Meanwhile*, I got the inspiration to start writing some essays as well. It's kind of a cross between this and my other blog in tone, only (hopefully) more carefully revised. I know it's hard to imagine that, but it's possible. This is me humble.

It's funny how strong a role music plays in the whole thing. I was listening to my iPod on shuffle, and as long as something like BNL was playing, I didn't feel much like writing. Bob Dylan started the next song, and I was starting to feel inspired. Beck came in on the next song, and I was ready to go. Which reminds me, I gotta go write something.

Later.

*I like using "meanwhile" as a common expression. It reminds me of Super Friends, which is no small sense of comfort to any true child of the 80s.

No comments: