Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Snobs Anonymous

Hi, I'm Matt and...I'm a snob. (pause for responsive greeting)

I realize this every time I get offended by a movie not just for sucking, but for the potentiality of suckage. I may get excited about a premise, then scan a review preferably without spoilers. Suddenly, I won't want to see that movie anymore.

I like movies that are entertaining, well-made and intellectually challenging. Most people I know like movies with explosions and/or poo throwing humor. And guess what's most common in the theaters where I live.

There is no shortage of opportunities to be gracious with others, and this may be one of the silliest, but it exists. I may have standards, but are they worth becoming Standards? If I'm serving a what over a who, I need to take some steps back. Besides, entertainment, (gulps) well, (sighs) isn't everything.

I said it. Happy?

P.S. Don't get me started on the soundtracks.

No comments: