Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Living Evolution Lives

Since Intelligent Design is an issue nowadays (It has a movie and everything!) I decided to dig up a post from a different blog I did last year. Enjoy.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Survival of the toothpicks

Little things strengthen my faith as a Christian. The invisibility of God and the contradictions of many Christians can be difficult to answer. The second became an issue for me within the last four years. Christians lie, steal and fornicate just like everyone else. More in some cases.
I had a boss who professed Christianity yet broke promises to everyone he knew but me. It was almost as if he couldn't tell the truth. It wasn't his friend, anyway.

I knew kind, gracious atheists and agnostics to counter the poisonous believers. They may have claimed survival of the fittest as a truth, but their lives didn't back that up.

The Creationists, however, were another story. Why did the group who was supposed to believe in Creationism follow Darwinism so well?

A random science fact helped my faith. Yes, science helped my faith. I could have become an atheist a hundred times by now, but the thing is, alligators and crocodiles are different.

Crocodiles don't have tongues. Their teeth should be filled with lunch remains, but they have their own little flying toothpicks. The Egyptian plover feeds on aformentioned foodstuffs in the crocs' mouths. Apparently the crocs are thankful for the service, as they don't touch the birds. It's the only thing they don't eat.

Survival of the fittest says "free snack". But it doesn't work that way.

I guess what keeps me going is those of us who defy nature (sin nature, survival of the fittest) and form actual relationships. It's all the greater blessing to see a Creationist who lives it. I'm thankful for the ones who actually get it.

No comments: