Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thoughts on India

We just got back from India on Sunday evening. Monday morning I had that surreal experience of entering my classroom and thinking, "What is this? This isn't my classroom." Whenever I come back to a place after a long trip, it seems like everything has been moved and turned inside out. I know this wasn't the case, but that's how it feels.

I can say without overstatement or cliche that the trip was a life-changing experience. We were uniquely stretched in ways both good and bad. Most of the bad involved big cities and airports, but that's just life.

It's funny how God works. You think you have a good idea of who you are, and what you can or can't do. He waits until you're fairly secure, then He subtly knocks it down. Something new happens, and you get to face a new challenge. You grow. You learn you really didn't know yourself so well after all.

I'll do my best to share the details in a series of posts. Until then, enjoy life.

No comments: