Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wanted: New Washer

You know it's time to get a new washer when the old one tries to kill you.

First, it refuses to work properly, threatening to stress us to death.

Next, my wife and I touched it at different times only to be shocked. Now it's trying to electrocute us.

In the meantime, it's still not working, so the water that refused to drain days ago is still there, not draining and smelling a lot like rotten eggs with a generous helping of evil. Now it's trying to stink us out.

Thankfully a repairman came to look at it the other day. He spoke a little English, so between that and my tiny sprinkling of Korean we were able to communicate. When he plugged in the washer, I warned "be careful" in both languages just to be safe. I half-watched and half-prayed I wouldn't end up an accessory to murder. Thankfully, the washer was in a good mood and only refused to drain. No Korean BBQ.

To make a long story epic, he told us we need a new motor. I'm grateful for his help and everything, but the cost of a new motor was a bit much. So, we're going another route.

In the meantime, we still had the old, stinky water. That's now a thing of the past, and all it took was a trash can, a pitcher, two cups and an hour's worth of unpleasant memories. I can still smell it. The horror.

No comments: