Thursday, February 28, 2008

Alternate Jobs

The future is uncertain. Maybe I'd get bored with teaching eventually, or life would get bored with me as a teacher. I made a list for posterity of all candidates for a "plan b". May the best plan win.

1. A barista at Starbucks. They will always have a special place in my heart after they saved our sanity at O' Hare airport. Coffee at 3:00 am. Thank you Starbucks, for caffeinating me.

2. The owner of a coffee shop. Forget barista. I don't even know what it means. Owner sounds nice. So does free coffee. Mmmmm.

3. A proofreader. You read my blog, spectacular and imaginary publishing company out there. Hire me!

4. The owner of a sushi restaurant. It's one of my favorite foods ever. It's also raw, so no cooking is necessary. And unlimited access to fish and wassabi is a plus. If you like it, which I do. And I have this giggle-worthy fantasy of screaming out, "You idiot! you cooked this!"

In Japanese, of course.

That's good enough for now, I'm sure. I'll let you know how the plan works out in a few years.

1 comment:

Britt Mooney said...

I personally like coffee shop owner ... dude, that would rock ... Becca and I have had that dream for years, but she is a little skittish of having the free coffee ... at least until she's done breast feeding ;)