Sunday, February 24, 2008

Thoughts on Lost

I heard the creators of "Lost" originally planned to kill off Jack in the first episode. Sort of a Scream-esque, anyone could die at any moment message. In the end they decided Jack was too important to kill off.

I enjoy "Lost" every now and then. (Who doesn't enjoy screaming at a TV "Tell me something! Anything! Just @&^$$*%& tell me!") It's a good show. But I think it would have been a lot more interesting without a hero.

Imagine Charley, Hurley, Jin, Sun, Claire, and the rest rising to the tasks without a Luke Wilson-lookalike doctor-surfer to lean on all the time. I'm sure the characters would have toughened up and grown.

It would be great, intriguing television. But it most likely wouldn't be what the audience wants.

Long live popular opinion.

No comments: