Monday, March 24, 2008

Braveheart, Gladiator and Last of the Mohicans (Apparently)

If I wrote a sequel to the book I would never write (The Power of Semantics), Romanticism and Religion would probably be another one. I touched on this with music in an earlier blog, and I almost considered leaving it at that. Then I watched Godtube.

Check out the soundtrack on the video below.



I'm not saying spiritual warfare isn't real. I'm just saying it's not Braveheart, Gladiator, or Last of the Mohicans. Those films are entertaining because they are not realistic.We wouldn't be able to watch them if they were. We've romanticised war and forgotten how ugly and brutal it can be. Then we get shocked when we stumble in sin, or when conflicts rise in our lives. Can't I just yell "Freeeedom" and wait for the movie to end?

Knights and Samuri are next.

No comments: