Monday, October 27, 2008

Live, from Nowhere, NY

Friends in the US keep me semi-current on music that's worthwhile. The surprising thing was the latest discovery. Surprising because this band, the Felice Brothers, is from Haines Falls, New York. Do you know where that is? No one does. Well, I do, but that's because I used to go there to get my car fixed. It was a good five to ten minutes drive from my middle-of-nowhere home. They apparently sing a song called Nowhere, NY. Hey! I know that place.

This link below surprised me on two fronts. First, that the band from Nowhere, NY is pretty good, and that npr is playing good music now. Are the memories of my childhood wrong? Excuse me, I have to go rethink some things.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=94473776&ft=1&f=39

No comments: