Thursday, May 14, 2009

Coffee Spillage Friday

I might have to revise TGIF ever so slightly. Recently a trend has developed, and since I've started noticing, it's always happened on Friday. My #@%#@& coffee is trying to kill me.

Last Friday, I tiptoed to my seat for morning staff devotions, started to sit down, and proceeded to spill hot liquid all over the place. I ran to the teacher's lounge to grab tissues while I reminded the rest of the staff and anyone else in the building that I need a sippy cup. I'd continue to spill coffee at least two more times that same day.

To those who would say I'm just clumsy, I'd say you have a point, but any other day of the week I avoid spilling java. Just a couple of days ago I managed my way through a crowd of students at near top speed with zero spillage. Today, however, was Friday, so the carnage continued.

I had just finished cleaning up after a minor coffee spill because of a rolled marker. I refilled and enjoyed my coffee as I sat in the teacher's lounge. No longer content to attack from without, the coffee decided to attack my throat. I choked, coughed a bit, then refilled my cup again. It was going to be a long day.

No comments: