Thursday, May 22, 2008

God's gender

God is Spirit, right? They who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth. I think I read that on a church sign somewhere. Or maybe I heard it in a TV show. Nowadays it's hard to tell.

I was stopped on my way home from the vet by two ladies from the Church of God. If you've lived in Korea recently, you may know what I'm talking about. Their number one argument is that God has two genders, like a father and mother. This is their key argument.

I pleaded with them as I gestured with the pet carrier in my hand.I don't have time for this. My poor little puppy is sick.

My dog whimpered for emphasis.

They didn't buy it. They proceeded to make their argument.

I made mine. This isn't the important part. It shouldn't be. Then I smiled, nodded and said good day.

I have opinions. Loads of them. But I don't survey people or argue to death over those (they will remain unsaid).

Has the phrase "Pick your battles" lost all meaning?

I know, so has "Don't make eye contact". I've got to work on that one.

No comments: